SysAdmin / AWS Administrator
Tom is a versatile technology professional with decades of experience in the industry, including management experience as a Director of a Managed Services company. He has worked with a wide range of technologies, from 300bps modems to 10G Ethernet and from microcontrollers to large-scale systems with terabytes of RAM and hundreds of processors. Tom has experience speaking with various levels of management, including C-level executives, and is skilled in pre-sales and business development. As a paramedic, he brings a unique sense of duty, criticality, and focus to his work. Tom is now looking to transition back into the tech industry, with a particular focus on cloud computing. His dedication, expertise, and passion for innovation make him a valuable addition to any team.
- 10509 St Joseph St., LA 70123, River Ridge, Louisiana, United States
- (504) 416-6150
- Thomas Wimprine
Paramedic at Acadian Ambulance
Acadian Ambulance serves the critical medical needs in the southeast United States. Having worked from no medical experiance beyone Boy Scouts First aid worked from the very bacic EMR to EMT to Paramedic in less than a year and am now serving the community primary 911 services for the community ranging from transfers, medical emergencies and trauma.
- Manage critical situations and scenes involving multiple responding agencies include fire departments, police departments and other responders.
- Manage potential life-threatening trauma and/or medical conditions in uncontrolled circumstances and environments while treating patients in a respectful and dignified manner.
- Control emotionally charged situations involving patients, family and potentially bystanders.
- Administer appropriate treatments and medications, including controlled substances, correctly and timely in stressful situations.
- Train and evaluate new EMTs and Paramedics to appropriate standards in a constructive and positive manner.
- Meet, discuss and present solutions to operational situations with CxO executives.
- Lead “Explorers” program in local area to teach EMT skills to high school students.
Client Solutions Architect at Ahead
- Develop business solutions based on customer consultations, documentation and technical requirements.
- Develop and present presentations for senior management at multiple existing and "net-new" customers.
- Review project proposals and ensure all stakeholders needs are being met and ensure all required objectives are included in such a way that drives customer satisfaction.
- Develop and review technical proposals to ensure customer requirements are being met.
- Collect information from customer's infrastructure leveraging tools such as RVTools.
- Communicate all relevant customer findings and partner communications to the team to better drive customer satisfaction and operations.
Senior Systems Administrator at Xavier University of Louisiana
- Organized and managed VMware project to upgrade to VMware Cloud Foundation Suite.
- Migrated all systems from end of life cluster to new VCF cluster(s) with minimal downtime, while dealing with infrastructure's limitations - Migration Script
- Leverage all applicable VMware technologies to solve infrastructure problems, including: vSAN, NSX Firewalls & Routing (OSPF), PowerCLI Scripting, vRealize LogInsight Manager for logging and reporting
- Managed university's multi-domain Active Directory infrastructure
- Develop automation scripts to reduce redundant work and standardize processes.
- Create and implement technological organizational best practices for the computing environment.
- Work with the security department to develop policies for the university and department.
- Implemented, managed and maintained Chef for server configuration management - Developed Chef Cookbooks for system configuration and change implementation and/or rollback
- VMWorld speaker regarding VMware's Virtual Cloud Foundation suite of products and reduction of technical debt
- Worked with VMware for development of video testimonials, reports and participate in Customer Advisory Boards
- Developed and managed project for implementation of ServiceNow ITSM with primary vendor
- Implement, manage, maintain & upgrade the Virtual Desktop infrastructure using VMware's Horizon product suite
- Assist in management of university's GSuite when needed
- Manage university's backup infrastructure utilizing Veeam product suite and TruNAS for storage and replication.
President at Serion Technology
- Formed and managed relationships with strategic vendors regarding company direction, leadership, and customer services.
- Consult with clients on a regular basis regarding concerns in technology infrastructure, news, budget and planning.
- Implement basic security for all managed services customers and protect all customer data in regard to data loss, data leakage, and disaster recovery.
- Create e-commerce web hosting environment for client and associated cloud data center to allow for quick growth regarding seasonal workers and web traffic load. Allows for automatic and rapid expansion or contraction of the environment based on demand.
- Migrated customers' workstations, servers and firewalls to Amazon cloud to improve compliance, security, availability and performance.
- Implement client virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) when needed to improve compliance stance regarding HIPAA, GLBA and CJIS rules.
- Designed, sold, planned customer projects and appropriately managed customer expectations regarding projects.
- Migrated customer email to Office 365 from various platforms and implemented data loss prevention rules for automatic email encryption for compliance reasons.
- Work with clients to ensure compliance with the HIPAA 164 security rule, sold and implemented required technologies such as disk and file encryption, email archiving, device lockdown, security software, firewall rules, web and email filtering.
- Developed and executed project plans for customers regarding implementation of new or required technology and processes.
Director of Managed Services at CMA Technology
- Conducted in-depth discovery of existing managed services team processes, workflows and personnel upon assuming responsibilities from former director. Run team as stand-alone profit center.
- Scoped, developed and managed all projects, and supported sales when needed.
- Increased profitability per customer by 57% by implementing professional best practices, proper assignment and ticket escalation procedures.
- Reviewed existing business and studied profit and loss structure of helpdesk; divided helpdesk into functional areas and created KPI for each field.
- Created new departments within managed services and assigned people according to skill, growth desire and potential. Managed each member to individual and group goals and metrics.
- Implemented training plans for existing employees; developed individual growth plans, both technical and supervisory.
- Developed and managed customer project plans
AIX / pSeries Administrator at CMA Technology
- Designed and configured customer Power Systems for AIX and Linux workloads.
- Tuned system performance for specific workloads including but not limited to Oracle databases and applications, Epic for healthcare systems and Spillman applications for police departments and first responders.
- Designed, implemented and tested backup and disaster recovery solutions for planned or existing systems as it related to AIX, Linux and Oracle workloads.
- Worked with storage teams to optimize storage utilization and performance for systems.
- Collaborated with business owners and stakeholders to accurately define projects and scope; manage multiple implementation teams.
- Conduct pre-sales technical review for customers and interface with sales and technical teams to develop appropriate solutions for the customer.
- Work with various customers including universities and state agencies to implement and support AIX, Oracle and Linux workloads on Power Systems.
Information Officer - First Lieutenant at Civil Air Patrol
- Develop website and apps for forms and communication
- Created squadron IT infrastructure
- Attended multiple training seminars and scenarios regarding human physiology, flight & Critical First Aid
- Completed all required FEMA NIMS courses - leveraged information learned during storm responses - "Awarded 'Teacher of the Month'"
Mentor at FRC Robotics Mentor - Archbishop Rummel High School
- Teach and mentor high school students skills including but not limited to:
- Competitive Conduct
- Java Programming
- Mechanics (Robot building)
- Basic electronics
New Infrastructure Supports University’s Learning Mission by VMware
Partnerships Key to Infrastructure Redesign by VMware
Fluency: Native speaker
- System Administration
- Cloud Services
- General Hackery